The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development to implement the program: “ARILA project (Assisting Reconstruction and Improving Living Conditions in Anbar) in Anbar, Iraq”.
The Projects main objective is the improving of the Living Conditions in Anbar. It has different components to reach the project goal. Objective of the project is to strengthen state citizen dialogue through the joint assessment and identification of basic needs regarding basic infrastructure in selected communities. Sub objectives relevant for this part of the project are a) Improving infrastructure conditions in Anbar, b) Support the regional Government in Anbar though infrastructure projects; c) improving living conditions in Anbar and d) Improving recreation locations especially for the young people in Anbar.
The component of the ARILA project (Assisting Reconstruction and Improving Living Conditions in Anbar) who especially implements the improving of basic infrastructure in the project area is the Construction Component. Identification of construction projects is done by cooperating organizations like Mercy Corps and NRC. Through them ARILA Construction Component received a list of construction projects which will be implemented by ARILA.
All activities must be closely coordinated with GIZ ARILA Construction Component. Work includes:
1) Site establishment and running of construction site
2) Secure the side during time of construction/installation
3) Supplying, Installation lamp posts according to specification
4) Set up lighting systems (streetlights) according to design/BoQ/specification
5) Road/path surfacing work in connection with the installation of lighting systems
6) Electrical work – Installation of the electrical connections
7) Maintain equipment and or replace equipment according to specification
8) Provide training and Documents for Operation and Maintenance related to the facility